Monday, February 21, 2011

Yo, Millard Fillmore!

In honor of President's Day (U.S.), here's a little book that we're having fun with...

Yo, Millard Fillmore! uses a series of cartoons to teach the names of the Presidents (through Clinton, btw) in order. Although we're not taking the memorization part too seriously, it's fun to see just how many we can remember using the comic book mnemonic tricks. Even more, I enjoy the trivia about each President, highlighting interesting facts about each person. [Note: although at first glance the book appears out-of-print and $$$, it looks like there are a lot of used, inexpensive copies.]

3 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting. We didn't end up doing much for President's Day this year, but this sounds like a good book to read for the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard about this book - it sounds interesting, especially for kids who love comic books. Thanks for joining WMCIR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS BOOK IS SOOO GOOD! It really does work; I remember my teacher having us read it in 7th grade (I am a sophomore in college now), and I can still remember every president in order because of the mnemonic tricks from this book!
    I 100% recommend this for anyone, at any age

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message. I love comments almost as much as I love chocolate! And I do LOVE chocolate. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blogging tips